Ann Kellett Communications
I was about to start second grade on July 20, 1969, when the first astronauts landed on the moon.
"What things we have seen in our lives!" my grandfather said to my grandmother. I remembered the stories they told that day much more vividly than what was on TV.
The things they shared that day launched my career goal of helping people tell their stories, and it's as thrilling to me today as it was way back then.
"There is no great writing--only great rewriting." --Judge Louis Brandeis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." --Jack London
AWARDS & HONORS
- I was only the second person to receive both the Dissertation of the Year Award and T. M. Stinnett Award for Scholarly Achievement for my doctoral work.
- I participated in Leadership Texas (now Leadership Women), a year-long program for 100 women leaders.
- I was awarded an Administrative Fulbright Grant to study higher education in Japan.
- My work for clients has received awards from CASE, the International Association of Business Communicators, and Public Relations Society of America.
- My fiction won the top prize in the 2012 Writers' Police Academy Golden Donut short story contest, was a finalist for the Bill Crider Prize for Short Fiction at the 2019 Bouchercon World Mystery Convention, and received an honorable mention in the 2020 Flash Fiction Contest by Spider Road Press.
"It's nobody's business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way." --Ernest HemingwaY
- A long-lapsed Presbyterian, I discovered Eastern Orthodoxy through Fr. Stephen Freeman's blog. I was chrismated in 2018 and attend St. Jonah Orthodox Church in Spring.
- My husband, Michael Kellett, is a photographer and videographer who (among other things) is hard at work restoring a 1956 Oldsmobile that sat in a field outside Kerrville, Texas, for more than 40 years.
- When we're not working, we're doting on our rescue kitties or traveling, preferably on Michael's motorcycle in the Hill Country or Big Bend regions of Texas, or the mountains of Arkansas.