My favorite quote (from Justice Louis Brandeis): "There is no great writing, only great rewriting."
- I live in Bryan-College Station, Texas.
- I earned a B.A. in English from Hendrix College (ranked the number one up-and-coming liberal arts college by U.S. News & World Report in recent years), and an M.Ed. and Ph.D. in higher education administration from Texas A&M University.
- I was only the second person to receive both the Dissertation of the Year Award and T. M. Stinnett Award for Scholarly Achievement.
- I was awarded an Administrative Fulbright Grant to study higher education in Japan.
- I participated in Leadership Texas (now Leadership Women), a year-long program for 100 women leaders.
- I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association, Writers' League of Texas, and Houston Writers House.
My second-favorite quote (from Jack London): "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- My work has received awards and honors from the International Association of Business Communicators and Public Relations Society of America, as well as "fun" awards, such as winning the Writers' Police Academy Golden Donut short story contest in 2012 (and being a finalist in 2013).
- My writing and editing career has included writing for three presidents of Texas A&M and three chancellors of The Texas A&M University System. During that time, I wrote dozens of speeches, as well as more than four thousand pieces of correspondence and hundreds of video scripts, op-eds, and social media posts for senior leadership.
- Personality-wise, I'm an oddball: an INTJ, by far the rarest of the 16 Myers-Briggs personality categories. What that means for you is that I'm good at brainstorming and thinking up big ideas, as well as tackling tedious, detail-oriented tasks. I believe in speaking frankly and definitely am NOT a drama queen.
My third-favorite quote (from the Mountain Wedding episode of The Andy Griffith Show): "It's i before e except after c, and e before n in chicken."
- I have been president of the International Association of Business Communicators-Brazos Valley chapter, the Brazos Writers writing group, and Texas Chapter FZ of the philanthropic sorority P.E.O.
- I was made a member of St. Silouan Antiochian Orthodox Church in College Station in 2018. A lapsed Presbyterian, I discovered Orthodoxy through Fr. Stephen Freeman's blog, Glory to God for All Things.
- My husband of 20 years, Michael Kellett, is a photographer who (among other things) recently restored a 1955 Chevrolet Nomad and now is hard at work on a 1956 Oldsmobile that sat in a field outside Kerrville, Texas, for more than 40 years.
- When we're not working, we're doting on our four rescued kitties or traveling, preferably on Michael's motorcycle in the Hill Country or Big Bend region of Texas, or the mountains of Arkansas.